Thursday, September 6, 2012

GrenadActivites


School is now in full swing and James is been extremely busy. He has class everyday, starting at eight-thirty, and studies from the minute class gets out until dinner.  I am so proud of his work ethic and dedication; I have no doubt it will pay off when it is time for midterms and finals!

Since my husband is neck-deep in text books, I have had to keep myself entertained, and believe me, I am definitely entertained! I have become friends with other wives of medical and veterinary students on campus through the Significant Others Organization and the Christian Student Association. James and I attended the CSA potluck, and I met a few girls who have become my closest friends on the island. It is so interesting to meet people from all over the world and to hear their stories. Most of the girls I became friends with were married within the past year, just like us! Having a group of girls to hang out with makes the entire experience much more fun. 

It seems like everyday there is something to do. We volunteer a couple times a week at the Limes' after school program, working with children from ages four to sixteen years old. The children are absolutely adorable, and deserve their own post, so more on that later. Besides volunteering, we have taken Yoga and Pilate's classes, joined the dance team "Cardiac Arrest" and had many beach and pool days. I swear, I have exercised more in these past few weeks than I have since college! My body is remembering some long lost muscles that I thought were gone for good!! :) 

One of the perks of being a wife of a student at SGU is access to the University Club on Mondays and Thursdays. The University Club is a little off campus, and exclusively for faculty every other day of the week. It has a gorgeous pool, restaurant and boccie ball court for our use. It is so tranquil and relaxing, and a great way to meet other SO's (significant others). Many of the SO's have their children here with them. Last week there was a little boy at the pool who reminded me so much of my niece; it made me miss her! He had me playing sharks with him, and showed me how he could swim across the entire pool and gather every pool toy! I think my little diva T would be his BFF. 

Well, my lovely friends, I have to get to Yoga class. Namaste! I hope you are all having a wonderful week. I have added a couple pictures of the beaches we've been to so far! 

O.M.Grenada!! 

XO, Steph


Grand Anse Beach
(My favorite beach, and the closest to campus!!)




Magazine Beach
(I've only been here once; I will post more pictures next time I go!)



No comments:

Post a Comment